Joe Brown Park - New Orleans, Louisiana
Billes Architects Storm Disaster Recovery Experience – Joe Brown Park
- 180+ acre regional recreational park located in New Orleans East that had been devastated by Hurricane Katrina and years of neglect.
- Coordinated overall design efforts for a new master plan, balancing opportunities for active athletics and passive outdoor recreation.
- A new main entrance tower on Read Boulevard celebrates the new life of the park.
- Includes upgraded high-school level baseball field, a picnic shelter that overlooks the central lagoon, a pedestrian bridge over the water, a connection to the nearby library and concession buildings.
- Site furnishings, wayfinding and graphics, new trees, and a network of walking paths are incorporated throughout.