Joe Brown Park - New Orleans, Louisiana
• 180+ acre regional recreational park located in New Orleans East that had been devastated by Hurricane Katrina and years of neglect.
• Coordinated overall design efforts for a new master plan, balancing opportunities for active athletics and passive outdoor recreation.
• A new main entrance tower on Read Boulevard celebrates the new life of the park.
• Includes upgraded high-school level baseball field, a picnic shelter that overlooks the central lagoon, a pedestrian bridge over the water, a connection to the nearby library and concession buildings.
• Site furnishings, wayfinding and graphics, new trees, and a network of walking paths are incorporated throughout.