Neighborhood Rebuilding Plan - New Orleans, Louisiana
• City-wide recovery plan following the devastating impact of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
• Billes Partners maneuvered successfully through the challenging task of developing the plan for City Planning District 3.
• Plan was the result of dozens of meetings with neighborhood residents and leaders, the collection of surveys, block-to-block damage assessments, data collection and documentation.
• Coordinated with various city, state, federal, educational, utility, and emergency agencies.
• Done at a time when information in the city was conflicting and scarce, the public school system was in transition, the infrastructure was in disrepair, and amid the possibility of competing recovery plans.